St. John’s College, started in 1915 and is the only boys’ school in Nugegoda, Sri Lanka. It contains two primary sections and upper school. Nugegoda had no English School until 1915. St. John’s School commenced with 14 pupils on 5 May 1915. In 1934, the mixed school of St. John’s was separated into separate Boys and Girls schools, with the boys school known as the College of St. John, Nugeogda.
In 1915, five Wardens of the Church of St. John, led by the Very Reverend John Henry Wickramanayake, secured a piece of land in Nugegoda from the Bishop of Colombo. They collected money to establish an English School with 15 students.